Sunday, October 18, 2009

Time

Wasted life spent shy and timid,

Video stimulation my outlet seemed gifted,

Precious memories of foes vanquished,

Heroes, champions, righteous and anxious,

I adore it so although life beckons below,

Felt inside as though I failed to grow,

Stayed a child with no ambition to show,

Simply completing a chapter was all I wanted,

Taunted by peers the echoes haunted,

Come out and play the dismal display,

To hear it everyday no sir not today,

I have things to do I must seek and slay,

But that's all you do we want your laughter,

To hear your jokes and still laugh after,

Can't you see what you're missing,

You are alone and always dismissing,

Soon we won't call you won't know us at all,

Come throw the ball stay strong and tall,

I'm sorry my friends but I have a purpose,

Unknown currently that it's unfathomably worthless,

My heart keeps me here, safe with nothing to fear,

Now I don't enjoy your company this is all I adhere,

Tales of dragons and knights in shining armor,

Engulfed myself with all it could offer,

Peace and tranquility with bird's eye bliss,

I am this hero and my life I won't miss,

For you see this is me and it's all I wanted to be,

I'm not lost can't you see that I'm free,

Comrades in arms they will forever love me,

Salute with respect I can turn to anytime,

Damsels in distress I truly fight crime,

The real world is pain and I have little to gain,

Excel in books until something new refrain,

It calls to me, pleading me to venture forth,

I heed it happily and journey north,

After I win I grew to be tired,

Bored of old scores through metal wired,

Sick of sitting and doing nothing,

Now I want more but endure only suffering,

For I have forgotten friends and lost social trends,

Abstract and alone forsaken my mind blood rends,

All I have is the glowing screen I loathe to be seen,

Shriveled and ghoulish my pale youth malnourished,

Recall what once was but will never be,

Long for times passed that foster bitter empathy,

My hole is dark and once again the glow calls me

No comments:

Post a Comment