Sunday, October 18, 2009

Amber Waves

Melodies bring memories leave me ill at ease,

Feelings of old heart turned cold,

Winter breeze brings me to my knees,

Jolted to a revolted body so bold,

Fear so far yet so near rear all I hear,

First emotions mixed with failed commotions,

Someone I held dear yet they seemed to veer,

Notions misunderstood bred my love potions,

Mere thoughts at a time but now seem to sear,

Burn with intensity of wine led to but still decline,

It hurts to remember of that sweet December

To render my heart splinter return to sender,

I yearn for familiar yet cold shoulder my beholder,

Gift of passion short and fleeting,

Self defeating my actions of needing,

Torn from inside with vice to hide,

Yet it soars and I can't keep it down,

Face will frown to admit I did drown,

Lost in the moment but I still try to own it,

Pull me up when I fall yet no one is there at all,

Imagine what once was, blind to what love does,

Or maybe it was something else, Cupid tried to sell us,

Possibly sold to me, I let it crumble bitterly,

Reminisce of times missed I long for her kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment