Friday, October 30, 2009

Reins

Have I really said all that lies in my head,

Or has the surface barely been scratched,

As if a part of me was broken off but still attached,

Maybe I neglected it and somehow came death's shadow,

It felt the need to proceed with all of it's greed,

Ignoring all before it ran thick through the door,

I left it open on purpose,

It crept in and worked us,

Driving tooth and nail no time to exhale,

Just hold your breath and wait for the ending,

Patiently staying for upcoming pending,

Grown used to the subtle throbbing,

Failed to catch the apple bobbing,

It pulled away when I got close,

So I let it be and chose to froze,

Chilled in atmosphere drifting ever so near,

But kept the distance needed for assistance,

Helping my own lack of ambition to delay the mission,

Until I give up the reins and give in to submission

No comments:

Post a Comment