Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tether

I laugh to myself writing words,

Feel an impression yet know its absurd,

As if a phrase will unlock my steely gaze,

I drift for miles staring at trials,

Bad or worse it's all relative,

Journey dim yet all I seem to give,

Mediocre effort honestly none at all,

Adequate at best now I'm beginning to stall,

A memoir to share futile to care,

Why bother rhyming these thoughts,

Idle hands my words laconic rots,

Listen to a favored melody revelry,

A sonata of moonlight where I dwell to be,

Solemn in demeanor senses not keener,

Close this door so I can sit evermore,

Drift through blue a time to rue,

Lethargic actions lacking traction,

Friction to others so coarse pale horse,

Riding to claim stand on brink nigh again,

Stare over this edge all I see nothingness,

Abyss of silent no more music refinement,

If I fall through this crack no way to find back,

So I continue to stare and ponder longer,

For if it happens that I forget where it is,

Imagined myself on brink yet facade wreckage,

Illusions to feed delusions to retain sane,

Hang on to the thread of life that binds me,

Searching this abyss so blinding,

Let go of safety for closer view,

Swallowed entirely nothing more to do,

Engulfed in black so silent feels violent,

Looking up for remnants not here not since,

I broke the tether the light couldn't weather,

And amidst this endless black I grew to find,

I never stepped off it's all in my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment