Friday, November 6, 2009

Numbers

Familiar number clock strikes even,

Seen it before and many times given,

Why is it I always look up right then,

As if I was meant to fate beckon,

An odd chill thrills through spine,

Random noise bump in the night time,

Paranoia from all directions,

Phantoms stalking in reflections,

Lurking behind hidden dagger looming,

Or maybe attack from below dooming,

Then finally the times passes,

A new number enters and calms synapses,

Placid of thought tranquil demeanor,

Until I see it again so soon redeemer,

Takes me back to that moment of caution,

Wrought with panic and stale air hoping,

That the ghouls won't surface,

Haunted apparition ruthless,

Finally taking my mind as their prize,

Approaching with fangs clenching my demise

No comments:

Post a Comment