Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dreams

When I look up at the sky,

It's like drifting on clouds so very high,

During the day I'm filled with sun ray,

Upon night the stars twinkle so bright,

With the moon I gaze trapped in a daze,

Amidst the cold dark night it hangs like a kite,

I reach for it but I'm always too far,

When I get close it's like sinking in tar,

Then it's gone and my grasp slipped on,

One day I'll claim that moon,

Raise my flag but not too soon,

I'll take my time and relish the moment,

Gloat to all who doubted I'd own it,

But even then I would know it's brief,

I can't hold on forever fallen leaf,

The branch would weaken and I'd collapse,

Twisting in the wind and crashing fast,

On the ground I would settle with a smile,

Because I had enjoyed it even for a little while

No comments:

Post a Comment