Thursday, December 10, 2009

Judge, Jury and Executioner

You bring good news but possibly bad,

If I fail this endeavor I could be mad,

Had a shot but I proved unworthy,

Others stepped up to plate a rat race fury,

I waited for this and now it's finally here,

And suppose I excel do well no fear,

Then a test which I cheated to adhere,

My ace could falter leaving me as before,

The outlet I love and simply couldn't ignore,

Sabotage this effort before it could soar,

I stayed strong for a while but not long enough,

When the call came a shock called my bluff,

Report good sir we have heard an offer,

Right away I deliver my service to render,

Yes yes all is well a good candidate I see,

And the last thing we must test your reality,

For we don't know who this is that stands before me,

A stranger who poses or a thief so corrosive,

But of course I submit no choice I admit,

I'll play this game and hope my plan works,

That you don't uncover the beast that lurks,

Always hungry I feed but insatiable,

Delayed the need but others offered and I agreed,

Thinking of course I was safe for a time,

A call so early awoken by chime,

Slept for an hour but still answered nicely,

Good thing for first impressions can spite me,

The objective in sight so tired must fight,

I'll rest a little and continue to whittle,

Carve myself into that ideal suit,

The tie is knotted this shirt pressed in pursuit,

The easy part is preparation I've done it before,

Account for possibilities and not one to ignore,

Face to face most of the time is my saving grace,

The art of words flows freely not obscured,

I'll make them easy to understand an elaborate plan,

Your questions are basic most answers related,

And after it's done comes the hardest part of all,

The waiting and mystery do I stand or do I fall,

You are my Judge in this time exalted in this place,

I have no Jury a fair trial hardly face,

Execute if you will I feel no disgrace

No comments:

Post a Comment