Saturday, December 5, 2009

Iron Lung

I know what it's like among,

Those trapped in an iron lung,

Literal or not there is no escape,

Inferno seething within my wake,

Like being chained to a wall,

The shackles bite my wrists so raw,

The harder I fight the more it might,

Finally break me down and nothing left,

So I sit and wait all the bitterness kept,

Clenching of teeth the thoughts tumble,

Falling over eachother an answer I fumble,

At the tip of my tongue so fleeting,

I try to catch but barely meeting,

Resort to usual act which is retract,

It so happens the iron lung is a shield,

If I left who knows what horrors unreeled,

Perhaps they stalk and plot for the day,

When I leave this prison I become their prey,

Unbeknownst at first but slowly I see,

I turn to look yet the darkness is light,

It was shrouded in doubt but I removed with insight,

Cast aside this cage and revel in kind sage,

Wisdom consume and no longer so gloom,

It existed once but now forgotten,

The iron lung I forsook and simply grew rotten

No comments:

Post a Comment