Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Wall

Pernicious habits I seek to destroy,

Inquire my reasons a pseudo decoy,

Prevaricate around for the truth defines,

Morose of late yet my will declines,

Thoughts focus on all who sleep at night,

As I lay awake with eyes full of spite,

Brush away the feeling by building a wall,

To separate me from all those who call,

Jeering whispers seep through the cracks,

Stabbing with abasement I cannot relax,

Creeping cooling the bricks I lay,

Stone is heavy yet I pile the fray,

Why bother to think of suicidal brink,

The crime is punishment enough to sink,

Unruly demeanor with nonchalant glimmer,

Glisten in the light a sword naked in rage,

Blood stains are fresh a wild dog in a cage,

Sheathe the fury to keep the blade at bay,

Far too dangerous to live that way,

Brilliant explosion brings praise from sheep,

Too green to know what sorrow I reap,

So long goodbye maybe one day we will see eye to eye

No comments:

Post a Comment