Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sanctuary

Take me back to a time long ago,

Trapped in a cell of blackened snow,

Crystals form on the roof of my memory,

Slanting awkward with poisonous symphony,

Sit and speculate what path I will take,

Reclining while I wander in wonder's wake,

Take a break from this forlorn task,

Escape to my sanctuary of cleansing glass,

Surpass the worries that plague within,

Exhale the sorrow that comes with sin,

Listless for a while but it slowly fades,

Apathy to all things the iron curtain saves,

Drawn over thick the safety of it all,

Ignore the time that I must watch to fall,

I shall enjoy this moment with a clear head,

Before I return to the task which I dread,

Relax and listen for the music is bliss,

Strums a chord in my soul I will miss,

Play it over in my mind even after I depart,

Ghastly ghouls take turns to tear me apart,

Over too soon I want to stay longer in this cocoon,

But I know it is time to wake from this dream,

To walk down this road and all those between

No comments:

Post a Comment