Monday, December 13, 2010

Deathwish

Each step holds a mystery that's new to me,

Reap the rewards yet it all falls drearily,

Can't quite quench the quintessential thirst,

Is this all there is to my existence,

A pursuit of an end to which I will transcend,

Transport to a plane of mundane but I refrain,

Borders on insane but I still play the game,

Doses to my brain of alcohol so vain,

No matter how inebriated I be I still see,

The scanner darkly I only want a visual clearly,

Venom dirges plague yet I carry on to save,

Redeem that spark that I once saw yet so dark,

Filled with animosity to the constant hypocrisy,

Want one thing yet claim to love another,

Smother the sin with the wicked burdens within,

Sometimes I think a deathwish on the brink,

Perhaps the end will justify the means,

Tearing me apart at the seams,

Pull it slow for I will echo below,

A shadow stalking with harmless talking,

Yet it repels all acquisition calm precision,

I laugh at the offense yet hate still relents,

Stabbing my heart like a dart false start,

Spread the love but it falls see through,

Transparent to the apparent abhorrent,

Maybe one day it will make sense,

The devil fosters torrents till I break currents

No comments:

Post a Comment