Thursday, December 9, 2010

First day on the job

Awake after short slumber thoughts tumble,

Rise to the moonlit bike ride steady stride,

Headlights daze my vision brutal collision,

Earphones blaring sounds soul baring,

Bushes stir to my left I jump at the prospect,

Just the same figure of stone cold trigger,

Arrive to the task with my key empty flask,

Alarm springs cacophony why is this happening,

They gave me the key for entry but no way to calm sentry,

Get on the phone to call for help throw me a bone,

Ring after ring no answer 3 am is a cancer,

Finally I get a response but alarm cancels with taunts,

The line is dead so I grab the cell to my head,

Once again reach connection but realize dire section,

Cops pull into parking lot with guns strapped to blow me up,

Don't shoot I work here never mind my dark exterior,

Heat at the ready they shout get the fuck out,

Near fatal mistake I walk into their guns life forsake,

They back up in a panic screaming WO WO all frantic,

Hand them my cell to prevent shortcut to hell,

Manager straightens up the confusion calm persuasion,

I get the alarm code and am scolded for god who knows,

Heart racing a million miles a minute all up in it,

Now it's time to start my shift all the shit I put up with

No comments:

Post a Comment