Saturday, January 15, 2011

Not today

I stare at the empty glass no I won't fill you today,

The poison is thick as it slowly eats me away,

My mind is reeling at the desperate collapse,

Tumultuous thoughts gripping I cannot relax,

Please give in I just want one drink for now,

I said I won't but that wall I will plow,

A struggle within with that pernicious demon,

Laughing inside as I can't find a place to hide,

Where is my retreat when they cut off my feet,

How do I see when my elixir has blinded me,

Why do I try when one day I will die,

The answer is clear the wisdom adhere,

Blessed with epiphany as virtue flows into me,

I don't need this escape to cut through red tape,

The focus is on the problem but that won't solve them,

Instead I analyze different ways to compromise,

A means to discover this burden is not real,

Manifested by devils that shroud all I feel

No comments:

Post a Comment