Monday, August 2, 2010

Red Desert

The sun beats me down this dry desert,

I seem to have crashed it all seems to hurt,

Engine idle as my helmet fills with blood,

The gates of hell closing in doom flood,

Choke for air still in shock despair,

Fasten too tight can't grip lose sight,

A numb crawls into my soul to claim it's toll,

Slump forward as the darkness draws in,

Awoken by a voice as the harps beckon,

Critical choice to spark action,

Free from the ghastly suffocation,

Gasp for air as blood soaks section,

Struggle to stay awake I want to sleep,

Arms folded as my head rolls onto sleeve,

Jerk to attention I don't want to die,

If I succumb I could never see the sunrise,

Strangers pass they pause to see,

I touch my head my skull greets me,

Stitch these wounds and not too soon,

Let the memory fester a dark cocoon

No comments:

Post a Comment