Monday, September 6, 2010

Inevitable Downfall

I stare at my pen asking for inspiration,

The black ink dances with every stroke,

Shining for a moment then becomes dry & dull,

Search this jagged skull for one decent poem,

No wisdom to show them for life is barren,

I hold onto a sliver of hope that times change,

Perhaps in one hundred years I won't seem so strange,

But then I will be long dead with all I said,

The social pariah left to rot in lonely mire,

Death is my sire to teach me a lesson,

Will I obey or leave the reaper guessing,

Care not what others think or so I thought,

Fear that I've wrought for once forgot,

This streetlight was bright just a moment ago,

Now it turns black as my footsteps echo below,

What is this world a beautiful decay,

To which I descend the river of flames I lay,

Burning alive or maybe I was already dead,

With one million holes drilled into my head

No comments:

Post a Comment