Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Roburned

A time ago a job once held,

Graveyard shifts always smelled,

The burger joint I was employed,

Offered more pay for weekend void,

Think for a moment but not too long,

The sound of more pay was a sweet sweet song,

More suited than I thought for I was alone,

Most of the shift I was free to roam,

My own boss as long as the job was done,

Take as many breaks and naps I was the only one,

Of course later more would show,

Although like me they worked real slow,

Covering a shift I was tasked at last,

I arrived on time and saw a strange sign,

They were there already and working steady,

Not much English so I made myself clear,

You clean that and I'll work here,

Oh the fryers what a messy job,

Gallons of oil to ooze and glob,

Hope and pray they turned them off today,

A piping hot fryer burns like fire,

Task complete now retreat outside,

Dump old oil in the bin supplied,

Startled by a sound I turned around,

The bushes were alive and dancing,

A man popped out and started advancing,

With calm precision I removed my key,

Inserted in the door and unlocked easily,

Pulled it open with time to spare,

Got inside prepared to snare,

Pressure gauge caused some rage,

Door flung open and there he froze,

Eyes bloodshot with filthy clothes,

Marched to me with a crazy stare,

Motioned to his waist a revolver there,

Gimme all the money he proclaimed,

My right hand held a bucket but I refrained,

Fire burned inside my very soul,

Calling to me to end this troll,

Steal his pistol play the role,

Be the hero instead of a zero,

Temper soothed I thought quickly,

I returned the menacing stare and spoke calmly,

There is no money it's all locked away,

None of us have a key there is no way,

Panic in his eyes then turned to fear,

He back-peddled shocked as a deer,

The last thing was a memorable cry,

Don't mind me I'm just a drunk guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment