Monday, April 12, 2010

Prisoner

Tell me what spawns change,

For you is it something strange,

A moment to realize it could differ,

Or perhaps a night free from shiver,

Shielded from cold a shake unfold,

Erratic at first then slowly calming,

Crashing at first then slowly falling,

Catch your breath for it could be fleeting,

Days are numbered depression self-defeating,

This heart still beating at least for now,

I dream to foresee yet my end is a shroud,

Clouded in darkness a vision unclear,

Will I accomplish or succumb to fear,

Daily doubts filled with negative thoughts,

Distrought and I can't even see why,

My eyes are blurry possibly an obstruction,

It causes my haze and overall lack of function,

Blame this or that like the drop of a hat,

But really who you blame is all the same,

Irrelevant accusation ignoring perpetration,

Conspiracy killing me from all angles,

Strangled with facts they pierce and subtract,

All I can focus on is those I've failed upon,

Drawing on a strength that always dies,

Chamber of lies has me locked I despise,

Steel bars trapped and I think I see the key,

Stone cold guard pacing before me,

To look at his face is a journey to abyss,

A black hole to swallow my soul,

Ripping each memory into infinity,

Plead with them to let me free,

He turns around and simply stares,

No words are spoken no wisdom is shared,

A hand is opened I look with excitement,

I look twice and still I am fighting,

For all it contains is a mirror so stained,

The key is myself for I am restrained

No comments:

Post a Comment