Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ever after

Someday maybe you'll see things from my eyes,

Maybe then you'll realize,

That I'm not such a bad guy,

The things I say aren't because it's my way,

Only because I want to stay,

I have to fight that feeling everyday,

Tempers rage as we both live in this fragile cage,

Rattling chains that seem to derange,

Rational minds that never change,

I refuse to fight I only wish a respite,

A brief time to be free from this plight,

Try as I might it always pulls me down,

Water rising I will soon drown,

A light from above as it recedes,

In the future hope to achieve,

A common ground we both receive,

The next step neither will know,

The sun is shining where will we go,

Onto the next chapter,

To build a better life ever after

No comments:

Post a Comment