Monday, March 15, 2010

Nocturnal

The night draws dim yet again,

I stay awake to live in sin,

Revel in my wicked ways like a felon,

No tellin when reality will sink in,

Drifting on this cloud I ignore sorrow shroud,

Although from this height it all seems so small,

Inconsequential and gliding in my free fall,

I look to my left and see hope bereft,

A glance to my right inspires cosmic insight,

The angel and devil both dance on my shoulder,

Rhythm is their life till my corpse grows colder,

Their job is done they step off to next victim,

Maybe him or her they collaborate quicker,

The sick get sicker by drowning in this liquor,

Even I indulge in this cruel elixir,

As I speak I pour this glass tall,

Savor each drop down it quick don't stall,

The time grows late so much that it's early,

I see the sun rise and realize I'm surly,

Bitter to the light I shy from it so bright,

I feel the warmth burn my insides tumble and churn,

Slink away into this villain decay,

Fall asleep to live another nocturnal day

No comments:

Post a Comment