Sunday, March 14, 2010

Futile Fight

Maybe I do it because I can,

I know your weakness and your plan,

Guilty at first or so you made me to be,

Painted the target cut the rope painfully,

Down I tumble this noose grows tighter,

I try to fight back but my strength grows lighter,

Accept defeat to avoid further injury,

Gather my troops and what's real to me,

Perhaps rehash a later time a slight decline,

I attempted a truce yet no hope for mine,

Take it as it comes I am battle ready,

Shield is sturdy my blade is steady,

Your insults are a glancing blow,

I'm conditioned to not stoop that low,

I fight on my higher ground,

Unleash my dogs of hell tactic sound,

You can't refute this halos abound,

And after the dust settles,

Fruitless flower with salty petals,

For there is never a victor in this futile war,

Slandering with mud we should choose to ignore,

Is there a way I can rephrase to avoid your steely gaze,

Maybe the way it plays I should apologize for days,

Or do one better I will follow the letter,

A rule of gold to not be so bold,

To see from your eyes a story unfold,

What a fool I must be to agitate wrongfully,

When the answer all along was elementary

No comments:

Post a Comment