Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sudden Torrent

I wake to find the world unwind,

Thoughts I lost come swimming by,

I glance their way and fall prey,

For once I turned my head but not today,

How long has it been since it really sunk in,

Spent so much time just to root out the sin,

When all comes crashing in a horrendous flood,

Will you turn your back once again or shed your blood,

A vicious embrace as the mind continues through space,

No longer dampened by the chemicals I long to taste,

Torment flows through with unrelenting pursuit,

Now that you're here they all circle and jeer,

I retreat to calm this shattered mentality,

Bring thoughts back to congeniality,

They fall short of the goal I turn to my soul,

Where did I go wrong oh holy sir,

There is no right or wrong all is a blur,

We dance in the flames brought forth through pain,

Yet at the end of it all whose left to blame,

Cast your doubts far from your mind,

Acceptance most difficult of all to find

No comments:

Post a Comment