Monday, November 1, 2010

Shooting Star in the Grass

Thoughts swim in anguish so close yet so far,

To count the times like a penny in a jar,

Stabbing my heart like a stake in the mud,

Lustful whispers of voices dull thud,

Silky smooth I freeze in your presence,

Weary of anxiety yet my courage relents,

A brief glimpse of every occasion I see,

The chances for flesh seem to fly over me,

Why can't I speak it's as if I am dead,

Words normally flow free but now hide in my head,

No job to mention no scholastic pursuit,

What answers to give with an honest man's boot,

I curse this plague that eats my mind,

Reaping seeds of sorrow with teeth that grind,

One day I will be healthy and strong,

I'll have my career and write my song,

No longer afflicted with an empty life,

To have that which I've wanted maybe even a wife,

Eventually a family that I can provide,

To see them grow I will swell with pride,

I focus on the future these hopes held dear,

Try not to worry and succumb to fear,

For life is a journey so fast and so brief,

Tis better to enjoy my time than wallow in grief

No comments:

Post a Comment