Saturday, July 31, 2010

Medical Anguish

Clock set early I must depart,

Fix my thoughts and where to start,

Clerk asks what's the problem sir,

A disheveled demeanor I have no answer,

You know I've pondered that same question,

Puzzled for weeks a mindless session,

A bedridden youth I have pain everyday,

This tumor of foot can't be kept at bay,

These fleshy protrusions that hang from my sides,

Ache so much I want to cut them off despise,

Or is it of greater concern,

Years of hernias a hole that burn,

Which do I pick for today's exam,

One at a time the county's master plan,

You tell me oh bringer of hope,

What shelf will be brushed to cope,

Have a seat for you will be called,

The hours pass yet the help has stalled,

Maybe if I scream you will hear my voice,

Instead of my pleas fallen deaf no choice,

What does it take for my message to be clear,

Perhaps if I drop dead in this lobby right here

No comments:

Post a Comment